Thursday, October 21, 2010

Orgy of Shoes!

This post is really just an excuse to show some sexy shoe pics, but I thought I'd talk a little on summer/winter shoes since it's coming into summer now in Australia, while the fashion world is still in its Autumn/Winter season.


I really love the thigh-high boot as a winter shoe. This one is Burberry Prorsum (but of course!). They may look a little skankalicious just on their own, but I think they look super glamorous when you wear them with a trench coat or long jacket, in the style of the Burberry catwalk below.



Another trend that I don't really understand is the shearling obsession. It may just be because I live in tropical-climate Australia where we basically don't even have a winter season, but I do see the practicality of shearling I suppose. What I do love for winter is the mountain-style heel. Above is Burberry Prorsum combining the shearling and mountain styles and below is a pic of the incredibly cool Alaia shoes, posted at Sea of Shoes.




Coming into the s/s season, I still really love the wedge as a summer shoe. I'm pretty sure this is stemmed from my obsession with the show Weeds, and the teeny shorts and high wedges of Mary Louise Parker's character. The wedges above don't really give that summer feel, but hey, they're John Galliano and they're sexy!

The studded pumps above are Christian Louboutin - Kylie Minogue wears the gold version in her video Get Outta My Way.

I really love the shape of both the heel and the toe of all of these blue YSL beauties.

Noritaka Tatehana has a Swarovski crystal version of his Night Makers available on his online boutique and they are amazing! Could you imagine walking around in these babies? Lady Gaga eat your heart out!


I discovered these Dsquared2 skeleton-heeled shoes ages ago, but I'm so lazy I didn't bother uploading a pic. I think they are so edgy

2 comments:

  1. Python skin boots - amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Found on Ebay.. Love them SO MUCH!! <3 <3
    http://cgi.ebay.it/DSQUARED-SKELETAL-BONE-HEELS-F-W-2010-PUMPS-SHOES-/200540249140?pt=Donna_Scarpe&hash=item2eb1215c34

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...